You have probably seen already plenty of these sort of posts, but a good reflection on 2020 seems liked the most apt way to say goodbye to this annus horribilis.
I mean, it was a terrible year for a myriad of reasons, from loss to being unemployed and constantly worried about life in general, and trust me when I say you’d be better off not experiencing loss through this, because it is a damn bitch.
But – and the but here goes a long way anyway – we have had to find the silver linings through all of it.
From getting to spend some extra time inside together, to getting to know each other a little more, and deep cleaning the flat upside down in record time, to even testing each other’s patience to the point one of you wants to walk out – but cannot.
We have discovered some of us are a lot more happy inside than outside, and some others are literally going insane by the minute. Yet, we have had a chance to stop and think.
And we found out what’s actually important to us, correct? And we won’t be taking it for granted any more, correct again?
In my list for a reflection on 2020, but in no particular order, you can find the below:
- Sisters – could have not made it through this year without them two, they don’t know it yet but I would have been lost without them and possibly would have had daily mental breakdowns so thank you, ladies, it means a lot;
- Friends – there are very much a few that were able to make sure we were all right and have heard from constantly, you know who you are and I am forever grateful to have you in my life and have shared these few months so close, yet far;
- Family – it’s a year now since hugging some of them, even longer for some others, so to say it was tough it would be an understatement. Yet, we will be hugging again, hopefully, sooner rather than later;
- Work – and not a job, just work: the one thing I realised after losing my old job is that I was overworked and stressed out, and while I loved the work, I could have not gone too long on that job anymore, but having work to do that I enjoy is just beyond words;
- Health – you know, this one year where everyone probably thinks the same on this, but with Fred being shielding for so long the fear was actually real 24/7 at the beginning, so grateful to have kept it out as much as we (still) can from this house;
- Pets – I mean, TJ is number one, but also having around two dogs (who do not belong to us but we do love dearly) has helped immensely, so thank you to them three for being champions (and still not understanding why the hell we are still home constantly with you lot, but not questioning any of it).
Yes, these are some of the things I am grateful for – maybe not all of them, but worth mentioning a few more just in case: this blog, Animal Crossing, all the food we have been consuming, walking around with the dogs, Saturday mornings at the market, driving to the garden centre every other day, planting and harvesting from our own little patch.
Do you have anything to be grateful for in 2020? Have you got a reflection on 2020 you’d like to share?