My birthday is approaching, so what better way than making a list.
I love making lists – even if half of the time I end up not using them, but it’s therapeutic, to say the least.
So here’s my birthday wishlist in no particular order:
- DR MARTEN’S BACKPACK – If you know me, you have seen me with a bag on very few occasions – like when I can’t justify a backpack at a wedding, YET. I find backpacks handier, and easy to store all the unuseful stuff I like to bring around every day and probably use once in a while – if anytime at all. I left my heart, eyes,
and moneyover this backpack years ago – still need to find the funds to buy it though.
- DR MARTEN’S SATCHEL – I know you just read about backpacks, and you’re asking yourself why would I even want a satchel? The logical answer is… I don’t know, I just really love the look of it. I am sure I would probably end up using it much less in comparison to a backpack, but if it’s the right size for a book I might be tempted to take it around too!
- LINEN DRESS – I am quite a fan of dresses, but wear them rarely – thanks to thighs chafing, let’s keep it real. I have a couple of them that I have owned for the last four years and still love but would like to add some more to my collection, precisely some linens one. I found this company “Pyne and Smith” that does handmade linen dresses in California and fell in love with most of the designs! My favourites are now all out of stock sadly.
- VANS JACKET – I must admit that even if tempted, I have never bought any clothes from Vans for one reason or the other, but their jackets look comfy and sturdy. I found on Asos two of them I really love and left my eyes there – maybe not the right time for shopping now. Second one linked here.
- SANDALS – There’s this lovely lady that I follow on Instagram @noelleandfox and not long ago she got these amazing sandals from a small Indian shop called GauriandCo. While I was browsing I found these amazing sandals and loafers.
- RAIN JACKET – After years of ditching umbrellas because I find them most of the time futile in London and at spending the same time pondering to get a rain jacket, I settled for a quick buy when on a stroll, and overall it’s fine, but when I will have to replace it I will surely go for a Rains hooded coat or Rains A-line jacket. I won’t even start listing all the backpacks and bags they have, because we would go into a rabbit hole for sure. But let me assure you that I would go for this company for the care and responsibility they hold while creating their products.
- FENTY SKIN & BEAUTY – If there’s a company that hands down I would recommend for beauty products is Fenty. I have tried some of their lipsticks and glosses and fell in love with them – will probably have to have a solo post about my lipstick obsession later. A couple of months ago Rihanna also launched Fenty Skin and I haven’t had the chance to try them yet or seen them in shops – as I haven’t put a foot in a beauty selling shop in a while for obvious reasons. The products are all vegan and gluten-free, so win-win! I put my eyes on this moisturiser and lip paint set.
- SIGNET RING – I don’t know why, but I have always been very into jewellery, mostly rings. I probably got it from my mom and grandma. If you see or know my mom, she goes around with more jewellery on her than a jeweler would sell in a day lol Anyway, I found that I love rings but most of the time when I go to buy them, my chubby fingers decide otherwise. I found on Etsy this adorable moon signet ring and I am very tempted to get myself a birthday present in advance!
- BOOKS – What’s a birthday without books? I mean you thought I was not going to add it here, but here we are! I have a to be read list longer than a shopping list, but it seems to never be enough – the struggle is real! Anything bookish or a good book will make the trick for me.
- BOOKISH T-SHIRT Yes, they are a thing I can assure you. I found this account on Instagram and fell in love with all of the t-shirts and pins they sell! Check out @blissfullybookishtees
The end of my lists usually gets crazier and more extravagant but it’s a birthday wish list, so wishing doesn’t hurt anyone – right?
A DOG! Yes, I feel insane enough to wish to have a four-legged around. We have been lucky enough to live in a house with two dogs and a cat since moving to London and looking back at it, I can’t even imagine how boring it would be otherwise. Though since losing our dog back home last year, I have been thinking more and more to get one, work and life are not in a good place yet to have one.
Last I would add early retirement, but that I know it’s kinda impossible, but one can keep wishing.
What are the things you would add on your birthday wishlist? Let me know in the comments!