My birthday is approaching, so what better way than making a list.
I love making lists – even if half of the time I end up not using them, but it’s therapeutic, to say the least.
So here’s my birthday wishlist in no particular order:
- DR MARTEN’S BACKPACK – If you know me, you have seen me with a bag on very few occasions – like when I can’t justify a backpack at a wedding, YET. I find backpacks handier, and easy to store all the unuseful stuff I like to bring around every day and probably use once in a while – if anytime at all. I left my heart, eyes,
and moneyover this backpack years ago – still need to find the funds to buy it though.
- DR MARTEN’S SATCHEL – I know you just read about backpacks, and you’re asking yourself why would I even want a satchel? The logical answer is… I don’t know, I just really love the look of it. I am sure I would probably end up using it much less in comparison to a backpack, but if it’s the right size for a book I might be tempted to take it around too!
- LINEN DRESS – I am quite a fan of dresses, but wear them rarely – thanks to thighs chafing, let’s keep it real. I have a couple of them that I have owned for the last four years and still love but would like to add some more to my collection, precisely some linens one. I found this company “Pyne and Smith” that does handmade linen dresses in California and fell in love with most of the designs! My favorites are: model 14, model 30 , and model 22.
- VANS JACKET – I must admit that even if tempted, I have never bought any clothes from Vans for one reason or the other, but their jackets look comfy and sturdy. I found on Asos two of them I really love and left my eyes there – maybe not the right time for shopping now. Second one linked here.
- SANDALS – There’s this lovely lady that I follow on Instagram @noelleandfox and not long ago she got these amazing sandals from a small Indian shop called GauriandCo. While I was browsing I found these amazing sandals and loafers.
- RAIN JACKET – After years of ditching umbrellas because I find them most of the time futile in London and at spending the same time pondering to get a rain jacket, I settled for a quick buy when on a stroll, and overall it’s fine, but when I will have to replace it I will surely go for a Rains hooded coat or Rains A-line jacket. I won’t even start listing all the backpacks and bags they have, because we would go into a rabbit hole for sure. But let me assure you that I would go for this company for the care and responsibility they hold while creating their products.
- FENTY SKIN & BEAUTY – If there’s a company that hands down I would recommend for beauty products is Fenty. I have tried some of their lipsticks and glosses and fell in love with them – will probably have to have a solo post about my lipstick obsession later. A couple of months ago Rihanna also launched Fenty Skin and I haven’t had the chance to try them yet or seen them in shops – as I haven’t put a foot in a beauty selling shop in a while for obvious reasons. The products are all vegan and gluten-free, so win-win! I put my eyes on this moisturiser and lip paint set.
- SIGNET RING – I don’t know why, but I have always been very into jewellery, mostly rings. I probably got it from my mom and grandma. If you see or know my mom, she goes around with more jewellery on her than a jeweler would sell in a day lol Anyway, I found that I love rings but most of the time when I go to buy them, my chubby fingers decide otherwise. I found on Etsy this adorable moon signet ring and I am very tempted to get myself a birthday present in advance!
- BOOKS – What’s a birthday without books? I mean you thought I was not going to add it here, but here we are! I have a to be read list longer than a shopping list, but it seems to never be enough – the struggle is real! Anything bookish or a good book will make the trick for me.
- BOOKISH T-SHIRT Yes, they are a thing I can assure you. I found this account on Instagram and fell in love with all of the t-shirts and pins they sell! Check out @blissfullybookishtees
The end of my lists usually gets crazier and more extravagant but it’s a birthday wish list, so wishing doesn’t hurt anyone – right?
A DOG! Yes, I feel insane enough to wish to have a four-legged around. We have been lucky enough to live in a house with two dogs and a cat since moving to London and looking back at it, I can’t even imagine how boring it would be otherwise. Though since losing our dog back home last year, I have been thinking more and more to get one, work and life are not in a good place yet to have one.
Last I would add early retirement, but that I know it’s kinda impossible, but one can keep wishing.
What are the things you would add on your birthday wishlist? Let me know in the comments!