We all know Mother’s Day is pretty much around the corner here in the UK, and we also all know that a lot of people struggle to find the perfect gift.
Not this year! This year we have got your back, a bit like with Christmas – and Easter soon as well! – and we are focusing on all those lovely small businesses we have grown to love and cherish during these times.
Recommended: The Valentine’s Gift Guide.
Now, a little bit of storytime here: Italy does not celebrate Mother’s Day on the 14th March but later on in or around May.
Our loving and doting mother has hence decided that, since her offsprings are now living in a different country, she deserves to celebrate both days considering we left her back home with our father. Go figure.
Also, back home we are not big on cards, so she will simply not accept a card, but full-on present (usually, I guess she might not expect it this year given the circumstances).
Alas, if you live near your mum or able to give her a present, why not do so by purchasing from smaller businesses? We particularly love Etsy and Not On The High Street, but I am sure flowers from your local florist will be greatly appreciated too!
Have you got a demanding mother? We love ours to bits, and she jokingly will be asking for a present every year, but we wouldn’t have it any other way for sure.
Whether near or far, and without further ado, please find my picks and links below – it’s a fun one!
Recommended: The Ultimate Tea Gift Guide.
Mother’s Day Gift Guide – Small Business Only
- Moira Rose Mother’s Day Card by Shop Rupert & Rose, £2.50 – Because who wouldn’t want Moira Rose as their mother?!;
- Just Another Manic Mum Day Mug by Gemma Wightman Ceramics, £22.00 – A bit of cute by psycho, you know?;
- Bridgerton Mother’s Day Card by The Foxy Lemon Co, £2.99 – Tell your mama you couldn’t get her the Duke, but…close enough;
- Live Edge Solid Elmwood Bespoke Rustic Bath Caddy Tray by Giftswithcherryontop, £46.00+ (picture by Jo from @jo_at_sixty8) – you know I am obsessed with a good bath caddy tray!;
- Personalised Pop-Out Photo Album In Box by Oakdene Design, £15.00+ – for the mummy who likes sweet gestures, without breaking the bank;
- Grow And Make Your Own Organic ‘Relaxing’ Pamper Kit by Aphrodite & Ares, £45.90 – if your mum has a green thumb, this is the best present ever;
- Hand Embroidered Wool Throw by Jonny’s Sister, £105.00 – for the fancy mum in your life, luxury in the shape of a throw;
- Personalised Gold Little Letters Necklace by undertheroseUK, £49.00+ – last but not least, a cute little golden number they will hardly forget!
The items on this post are subject to availability and all prices are correct at the time of publication. All prices shown in this post are also subject to delivery charges – please check out the item you intend to purchase for more details on delivery costs.
What about you – have you got your mama a present yet? Or are you a last minute gift-er?