Christmas is around the corner and there’s no better time to speak about reusable items, so I made a gift guide based on them.
Back in September, we spoke about some easy swaps for Zero Waste week. So what better chance to bring some more reusable items in?
If there’s something I learned during lockdown is the real need to slow down in general. Change how I do things and what I use. I am quite sure that almost everyone got on the banana bread and sourdough train at least once. Tried to cook more – and at the end of it – I enjoyed cooking more instead of having take away.
Spending more time at home made me realise how many of the everyday items we can swap for something more sustainable. And knowing how this year has been – take Christmas as an occasion to gift something reusable instead. Here’s my Reusable Gift Guide in all her glory.
So these are some of my small business’s favourites:
- REUSABLE LINEN BOWL COVERS by Helen Round Design, £20.00 – A set of three linen handprinted bowl covers to get rid of all the cling film in the kitchen: yes, please!
- SILICONE FOOD LIDS by Fresh Thinking Co, £9.99 – Another easy swap instead of cling film, you ask? Silicone food lids, washable in the dishwasher, leakproof, heath and frost resistance. Do you need any more reason to use reusable?
- KNITTED DISHCLOTH by Sink and Cloth, starting from £7.95 – Ready to swap your microfibre cloths around the kitchen? Then this yarn dishcloth is your answer! Handknitted and easy to wash, what else can you ask for.
- ZERO WASTE BRUSHING KIT by No Time For Waste, £20.49 (currently on offer as I write, usually £40.49) – A reusable sink starter kit ready for you without the hassle of looking for all the brushes you might need.
- REUSABLE KITCHEN ROLL by Leave No Trace Lds, £25.00 – How much kitchen roll do you use? A fair amount, there’s no hiding it. So why don’t swap it for this organic flannel and linen one? Easy to use and wash with the rest of your clothes, what else can you ask for? Oh yes, it also comes in Peach and Mustard.
- SILICON ZIP LOCK BAGS by Fresh Thinking Co, starting from £5.00 – How many plastic bags you use to hold food or snacks? Guilty of charge over here, but not for long! Reusable, washable and leak proof silicon bags coming to save the day.
- BAMBOO BATH NON SPONGE by Tabitha Eve, £5.84 – Soft cotton and bamboo unite in this sponge to get plastic-free even when having a bath! After it’s ready for you to change, you can easily compost it and what else can I add? I absolutely love this bees design!
- REUSABLE SOAP BOTTLES by Charlie Rose Vintage, starting from £9.50 – Amber glass bottles with stainless steel pump lid – and if I might add, an amazing and elegant label. Made from recycled glass and ready to make your bathrooms look elegant!
- BEESWAX FOOD WRAP by Eco STore 107, £7.99 – A natural alternative to plastic cling film or foil in your kitchen. One of the easiest swap and one of my old favourites! Easy to use and wash and they come in different colours and patterns
- REUSABLE SANDWICH WRAP by Sew by Line, from £7.00 – They come in three different sizes and many patterns, just wipe with a cloth on clean in the washing machine. Your only worry will be which one to take out!
Hope you enjoyed these ideas from my reusable gift guide! If you have any more reusable gifts you’re giving to your friends or to yourself, let us know!
The items on this post are subject to availability and all prices are correct at the time of publication. All prices shown in this post are also subject to delivery charges – please check out the item you intend to purchase for more details on delivery costs.