You might remember the 10 things we love about fall, but this time around is all about the 10 things we love about spring. Am I the only one excited about spring yet? Around here, the one who dislikes spring a bit it’s Fred. Maybe all due to her hay fever, rather than the beauty of the season. She’ll be sneezing from now till the end of summer, at best. Oh, dear…
But with spring being hopefully just around the corner, what more could you wish than one of my lists? I mean, as you’re reading this, it’s probably snowing somewhere in the UK. I know, I know. It’s April, and it shouldn’t be. Hence why I think a reminder of what will be, when the snow and cold are gone, could be great. If not for the mind, at the very least for the soul.
Anyone else here not enjoying spring? Because, if this is the case, you might want to just exit now. Or simply ignore me mumbling about my dear love for spring. Because, after autumn – and possibly summer too, but okay – this might be my favourite season ever.
Are we all ready for the 10 things we love about spring yet?
And have I said spring enough time yet?
- Warmer Weather – Because this winter has been long enough already. Am I right?! If only we could have spring all year round! With all the lockdowns and restrictions, it has been a very long winter.
- Longer Days & Shorter Nights – I love daylight, but I also like the dark (somehow it scares me still). A good 80% daylight – 20% nighttime split works for me, cheers.
- All the Blooms & Flowers & Plants – It’s no secret I love plants and flowers. Now, keeping the plants alive it’s a different story. But we love heading to the garden centre and buying more, even though there is no more space.
- Iced Coffee Weather – I am ready for cold brews, ice lattes and all those icy drinks. I mean, I drink iced lattes all year round, but buying one from the coffee shop hits differently.
- Bike Rides & Long Walks – Not a bike rider here (Fred is!) but definitely looking forward to walks that don’t involve a scarf and coat. I need sunglasses and sandals, you know?
- Ice Cream Weather – Because with iced coffees goes ice cream. There is a new place that opened close to us that we want to go try as soon as possible!
- Picnics at the Park – I am looking on Facebook Marketplace for a nice little basket because I can’t deal with how cute they are. Maybe even a little vintage piece. Will keep you posted!
- Planting a Garden – We have been reading Lisa’s posts about her garden religiously through winter. We cannot wait to see more and to plant some on our little corner.
- Enjoying a Thunderstorm or Rainy Day – Is there anything better than the smell of rain or the sound of a thunderstorm? Fred & TJ might not enjoy the thunderstorm as much, but they’re learning (not).
- The Smell of Fresh Strawberries – My absolute favourite fruit, so when season is in full swing that’s all I will be eating. And the girls love them too, which is a plus. And that also means time for my favourite strawberry cake!
Last month I also wrote about the items I want to try out this spring, so you can read that one if you fancy! There is also a winter list that might tickle your fancy. And your cleaning for spring is sorted by Fred.
What other things do you enjoy about spring? Let us know in the comments!