I have been hesitating to put down whatever is currently going on with the world, whether that’s because I don’t want to say the wrong thing or come across as something I am not, I am not sure. I am on isolation.
Though, this is the new normal, for now. And I feel like one day, I will want to think back to this moment and be able to remember as much as I can of it.
I am on day two of isolation. Day two of house-bound self, which to me is actually quite comforting. I like being home, but I am not going to enjoy it as much as I think in a few days when these 4 walls are going to be very much tight for space and air.
On a lighter note, though… we have already eaten all the snacks in the house. All of them. I am on pack number two of Milk Chocolate Digestives – I believe these can be now named the favorite snack of week 1 of quarantine. Go figure.
Today I did work, remotely, from home. And slowly, so that all of it did not end by week 1. Turns out we are not working from home, so now I have plenty of spare time and I will possibly complete some tasks here and there, when really bored – that will not happen anytime soon because, ahem, Disney + launched yesterday and we have purchased Animal Crossing on Tuesday so yeah, very packed schedule.
I am trying to keep some sort of sanity by maintaining some sort of routine, and I know for a fact I will fail sooner rather than later – don’t forget, it’s only day 2!
What I plan on doing while in quarantine, in no particular order:
- read all the books I have not read in sooooo long, but definitely not going to try my hand at Lolita once again, because I mean, there is no bloody point;
- cook all the things, we are already planning a few things like pizza night and Mexican night, but also a lot of overdue baking and bread making on the way too;
- clean all the things we can possibly clean, a bit at the time, so we have some left for the next few days;
- blog again, now that I have spare time and I am not looking at a screen all day every day, that should help my willingness to type words that make sense here (and don’t sound so formal as Grammarly seems to be pointing out);
- watch all the things we can watch with the girls, whether that’s on Disney +, Netflix or normal TV, I am already planning lists and blog posts around this, so keep your eyes peeled if you need any help deciding what to watch;
- relax, rest and repeat, try to take it slow but take it all in, enjoy the slow, embrace the slow, with the girls, TJ, our family both here and on FaceTime, get drunk, play cards, fight and make up;
If you too are feeling all the feels, thinking all the things and doing as little as possible to stress, then welcome home buddy, we’re all in this (shit) together.