I seem to believe I am not the only one who adores switching products around through the seasons, so this updated winter skincare post is all the hype (with me, at least) right now.
You’ll notice I have changed just a few bits here and there, mostly because I have tried not to buy anything unless I am completely out.
The updated winter skincare routine is based upon a bit more knowledge and research than back then, and a change in my skin through the (now many) phases of lockdown 1, 2 & 3 – so far.
But let’s get down to business, shall we?
Updated Winter Skincare, 2021 Edition.
CLEANSING (both AM & PM)
- Herbivore Bamboo Charcoal Cleansing Bar Soap – trying to move to soap bars as much as possible in our bathroom, so this is great.
- Philips VisaPure Mini Facial Cleanser – Have had it for a bit and it’s quite easy to use, though they no longer make replacement brushes.
TONING (both AM & PM)
- Too Cool For School Egg-ssential Fluid Moisturising Toner – I had it for a bit now and just trying to finish it off as I don’t want to waste it, but nothing to write home about.
- AM: Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Re.Pair Serum – this has been a saviour through the lockdowns, but I want to replace it for something slightly more ethical.
- PM – Beauty Pie Super Retinol High Dose Booster Treatment – it’s a great retinol product, and it smells nice too. Leaves my skin soft and has helped with reducing scarring & lines.
EYE CREAM (both AM & PM)
- Ho Karan Morning Miracle Eye Contour – another one I want to use up so not to waste, especially now that the bags under my eyes have become full on luggages.
SPOT TREATMENT (PM only)
- Dots for Spots Acne Absorbing Pimple Patches – just started using these and I love them, cheaper than what we were using before but as effective.
MOISTURISER (both AM & PM)
- The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA – one of those hero products Cristina and I both love, it’s very much easy on the skin and keeps it hydrated throughout the day (and night).
SUNSCREEN (AM only)
- The Body Shop Skin Defence Multi-Protection Lotion – Fred and I use this a lot on our tattoos in summer time, but it’s perfect on my face too, do double the points.