GUEST POST | www.ruthieelovesglamour.com
About the Blogger: Ruth is an 18-year-old student blogger over at www.ruthieelovesglamour.com who loves to inspire people to be the best version of themselves. She runs a blog about personal development, self-care, self-love, positivity, personal growth, a little bit of food, skincare and all things lifestyle. Ruthiee loves Glamour is a space for everyone to learn, develop themselves, interact and navigate their way through life. If you are looking for a place where you can be yourself, find tips on how to improve yourself, Ruthiee loves Glamour is the right place for you.
YOU ARE BEST BEING YOU
So many times, we tend to look at others with this “Oh I wish I was this person” mindset and that has made some of us feel like less of people to ourselves. But then do you really need to be like someone else? Is there something that person has that you may not have? I am a person that has always been comfortable with myself. (I am not trying to boast or make you feel like I don’t have problems. Far from it..) I have always been proud of myself and I have never wanted to change myself from who I am. I have never ever looked at someone else and felt like they are better off. But I have noticed that so many people out there are actually not satisfied and okay with themselves.
They always feel like some other person is better off and I am very passionate about making the world a better place. I mean, I run a blog that aims to inspire, motivate and lead people to become their best. And there’s nothing I would rather do than lead people in the right direction so that they can end up being the best version of themselves. And accepting that you are best being you is just one step to becoming the best version of yourself.
HOW TO START BELIEVING THAT YOU ARE BEST BEING YOU – pt 1
1) Stop comparing yourself to others: The human mind is subject to comparison. When we buy a car for instance, and someone else buys a car that seems better than ours, we start to feel like oh, this person is better off just because their car seems better off to you. But it shouldn’t be like that. I can never stop emphasizing the importance of not comparing yourself to anyone and in my tips for being your best self this year, I talked about how not comparing yourself to others will help you become an even better version of yourself. Everyone is on a different journey and you should never compare yourself or your journey to someone else’s journey because boy! They are two completely different things and they are parallel lines that can never meet.
2) Forget about the life you see on social media. It’s fake: In case you don’t know, about 90% of the things you see on social media are fake. There are benefits of social media. I mean it has helped most of us stay sane in trying times like this. But you should never ever make the life you see on social media intimidate you. Social media is one of the biggest sources of comparison as people on social media tend to present their lives in a way in which everything seems perfect. But you have to remind yourself of the fact that nothing, absolutely nothing, is perfect and most things you see on social media are unreal.
3) Practice self-love: Like I always say, being an advocate for self-love doesn’t mean anything except you practice it. I am a HUGE HUGE advocate for self-love and not just that. I do my best to practice self-love. Learning to love yourself will help you see the beauty in you. Self-love is a process but eventually, it will help you believe that you are worth it, okay and you are amazing. No doubt, practising self-love can be hard but it is well worth it.
4) Accept your flaws. They are part of life: Sadly, some of us think the people we envy or wish to be like do not have flaws and darling! You are so wrong. Flaws are a part of life and nobody is flawless. Accept your flaws and your imperfections and see the beauty in them. Life would never be this interesting if everything was flawless, without imperfections and we didn’t make mistakes.
5) Accept and let go of your past: We all have a past and some of us can’t move on and still beat ourselves about it every day. Letting go of the past is not easy. It’s a process and that’s okay. It’s a process that will completely change your life. I have a past too and I understand just how difficult it might be to let go of everything and move on. Sometimes, you try to leave your past behind and move on and something pops up and sends you spiralling, brings back the memories and reminds you of everything you have been trying to let go of.
Accepting and letting go of your past will make you realize that everyone has a past. But that past is not there to ruin their lives but to push them forward and make them better people. You are meant to rise from your past and not bury yourself in it.
6) Make a conscious effort to accept that you are best being you: Make a conscious effort to accept that you are best being you. No matter how hard it may be, go to the mirror, look at yourself and tell yourself. “I am best being me”. Practice positive affirmations. Tell yourself:
- I am the best, I don’t want to be anyone else, I am me and I love being me.
- I refuse to feel like I am not enough.
- I am enough and no one can tell me or make me feel different.
7) Say NO to the inner critic: You have a goal, you are on a mission to start being extremely okay with yourself. And start seeing yourself as the best thing that ever happened to you so do not let anything tell you differently. Our minds can be rebellious and they can be the biggest hindrances to our progress. If during the process of learning to be okay with yourself, your mind/the inner critic tries to tell you different, shut it up immediately and counter every negative thing it says. For example: If your mind/the inner critic tells you, you are just wasting your time. Jessica is better than you anyways. Tell your mind:- I refuse to let you control my thoughts and my actions. Jessica is not better than me. I am just as good as Jessica and you can’t tell me different.
In conclusion, learning to be comfortable in your own skin, accept yourself and see the beauty in you can be a difficult thing to do. But it is definitely worth it. You might not see the results immediately. But the results will definitely come. As you are completely unique, special, loved, worthy, and just as important as anyone out there. You are a special person, a rare gem. We can’t even find a fingerprint that’s the same as yours. Do not try to be someone else. Just do you. You are important and just as amazing as everyone out there. So why not decide to start being okay and completely comfortable with yourself because you are best being you.
Thank you so much Cristina, Simona, and Federica for giving me the opportunity to guest post on your blog. You three are the first of its kind (that I have seen at least) and I consider it a privilege to have done a guest post on your blog! You are my fav trio and The Grumpy Olive rocks. Thank you once again xx.
So we hope you enjoyed this very different post from our usual content today, the lovely Ruthie at Ruthiee Loves Glamour is one of the blogs we always check out, and we think you should do it too!
You can also find Ruthie on:
Twitter – @ruthlovesglamour
Pinterest – @ruthieelovesglamour01
Facebook – @ruthieelovesglamour
Instagram – @ruthieelovesglamour