GUEST POST | www.amymarshment.com
About the blogger: Hey, I’m Amy from amymarshment.com. It’s an absolute delight to share some tasty treats with you on The Grumpy Olive today. I’m super excited to share this simple and delicious zesty lemon and blueberry muffins recipe with you.
I actually found it here. Make sure to check out the finished article below. They’re super tasty and they look very cute too. I’ve certainly indulged in one or two, mmm. These are the perfect, delicate, beautiful, and simple indulgence to offer with a large mug of tea this Mother’s Day.
Psst, a little reminder that Mother’s Day is on Sunday 14th March in the UK.
So many of us enjoy the personal touches. As these are made with love and care, what better than to offer these muffins as a Mother’s Day treat? If you’re on a budget or you have a small amount of baking resources, then this is also an ideal recipe that delivers delicious results.
I don’t eat sweet treats very often, but when I do, I love to try out new and easy recipes that I can rustle up in a moment. I like to keep busy, but not at the expense of a little restoration time. I love to bake to relax and try out new ideas.
What’s in it for the new baker?
There’s nothing like the smell of fresh baking, never mind the taste – am I right? It always feels so much nicer when you’ve created something for someone else too. Knowing that you’re giving the gift of scrumptious goodies is a pleasant feeling.
So, if you’re in the mood for a zesty, light, and fluffy recipe – you’re in for a treat with this. Here’s a recipe so quick, you can make them on your lunch break. If you love the light and airy texture of muffins combined with fresh, fruity flavours; make sure to carry on reading!
This has to be one of the simplest recipes that I’ve ever tried. They’re that easy, once they’re all gobbled up, I’ll be making them again!
All you need is…
Utensils & equipment:
- 2 mixing bowls
- A measuring jug
- A whisk
- Weighing scales
- A muffin tray & cases
- 195g of all-purpose flour
- 150g of granulated sugar (you’ll need a dash more for the muffin tops)
- ¼ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 lemon, you can use a little extra to put cute slices in the top of your muffins
- 80ml of neutral flavoured oil e.g. canola or vegetable
- 1 large egg
- 80ml milk, this can either be dairy or non-dairy alternatives
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 6-8 ounces of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 204°C.
- Depending on whether you’re making standard muffins or large; pop 8-10 muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Zest around a tablespoon of lemon into a mixing bowl and combine with the sugar. Mix until combined.
- Next, whisk the flour, lemon sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Measure the oil in a measuring jug. Then add in the egg, followed by the milk.
- Measure 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, followed by vanilla. Mix until everything comes together.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry. Mix until the mixture appears thick; you won’t need to mix for very long!
- Then, fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly into the cases that are lined in the baking tray.
- Pop in a little slice of lemon into the top of the mixture and sprinkle a little sugar on top.
- Bake for around 15-20 mins.
Store in a sealed container at room temperature for a couple of days (if they last that long, haha)!
Enjoy & eat! This is the best bit!
Check out the original full directions & special tips here.
So, what do lemon and blueberry muffins go well with? (In my average opinion).
- A large hot beverage and a little time to relax.
- A light and refreshing glass of white wine!
- A lemon-flavoured gin – the real favourite for me here…
- A glass of lemon water.
Don’t forget that there’s plenty of time to get these ready for Mother’s Day. Mother’s Day is all about togetherness and love. No matter how you’re spending the day, whether that’s a virtual coffee morning or together; share something homemade that you can enjoy together!
If you’re massively in a rush, you could even make these on the morning of Mother’s Day. That way they are freshly baked too!
Whether you’re creating these muffins to celebrate a special day such as Mother’s Day, or you’re looking for other ways to flip up your routine. Here are some alternative ways to enjoy this recipe.
These quick and easy muffins are the perfect mid-week pick me up, as a little and affordable gift for a loved one, or for a light pudding after a comforting meal. I’ve actually been having one with my mid-morning coffee.
Knowing that you’ve made something special, beautiful, and tasty yourself is so rewarding. It’s also much cheaper than buying readymade puddings in your weekly food shop.
These could even be the perfect date night idea if you’re looking for a low mess, convenient, and fun thing to do as a couple.
If you try this recipe out for yourselves, you’ll have to tag @amymarshmentx and @thegrumpyolive on Instagram so that we can see how you made them and enjoyed them at home. I absolutely love seeing your creations and how you incorporate simple comforts into your routine!
I hope that you enjoyed this delightful recipe. I know that I’ve definitely enjoyed eating these lemon and blueberry muffins, haha!
If you want to see more posts like this, I’d love to see you over at amymarshment.com
Thanks so much for reading!
Love, Amy x
So we wanted to thank the lovely Amy for sharing this super yummy recipe with us, we can’t wait to try them here at The Grumpy Olive HQ!